Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Live Free or Die – A Month in NH

Sorry for the slow-assness of my blogging recently - well actually for the last 2 months, its been a bit of a whirlwind but finally here are some of the goods. The kayaking has stopped and i am currently in British Columbia squatting at a rafting compound where i'm slowing being worked into the system for the compensation of a roof over my head and all the food i can eat (which is incredible - i'm hoping to gain some wait cause i probably wont be eating this well again for a while - we get tons of fresh salmon from the river, local breads, lots of local fruit, good meat and its all there for me to devour - seriously its just about heaven for my stomach. The weather on the other hand has been all rain and theres no sign of it stopping so it may be a bit before you see any adventures from the BC area but for now here's a run down of the last 2 months:

My exit from California was quick and a bit painful, it involved packing my bags at 8pm and driving through the night to Portland to catch a 1pm flight the next day. The drive started with some amusement as I nearly got arrested for stealing two mtn bikes (that were actually mine) when I was assumed to be a prowler and the cops were called on me as I grabbed my bikes out of a friends garage. (I showed up unannounced around midnight and let myself in to the house – as it turned out only my buddies mom was home and she wigged out and called the cops). I got away before the cops pulled in, but only by a minute or 2.

New Hampshire was a blast. Caught up the folks, swam just about everyday, played with the tractor and the chainsaw and ate a lot of ice cream. The pictures do better justice than words…

The beautiful big red maple we cut down in the name of "my plants need more son" or so my dad claimed.


Nice chaps


My dad got a new tractor which made cutting some of the smaller trees down way too much fun.


One off the better swimming holes in town. The New England Quarries just through the woods behind my house. Anna and i took the tractor out for a ride. The jumps range from 5 feet to 40. If you open the picture up you may be able to make out the old man of the mountain painting right in the center - the white spot.

The hardest part of flying is coming down.


Here's me post bear wrastling - i lost and the bear tossed me off the cliff


The big one - known far and wide throughout New England as "Cunt" its even painted on it at the lip.


On our way to New York our car broke down and Anna and I spent 5 hours waiting at a pond making faces at each other.


On top of Mount Kearsage with the folks.

My dads reeeedonkulous pumpkin patch - these puppies will be about 400lbs come late september.


The classis Merrimack River cliff jump in town - you gotta build up enough speed to make the water and your best bet is to lean far back on impact cause its only a few feet deep but if you lean back you angle into the water at the same angle as the ground and you never hit - if you do it correctly of course - its hilarious to see people miss and flop.

Flying


Me and Anna on our way out to the cabin - gimpy had just had knee surgery and walking was out which was great cause it gave a good excuse to ride the tractor some more. Swweeeeet.

No comments: