Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Aye yie yie

Oh man oh man its been a crazy last week: Just about everything has happened from having to push Adan's car around the Zocalo (town center) cause it broke down to drilling faster and deeper than i ever have to having the engine break, to lightening storms, tacos, purging, sunburns, more tacos, a good amount more purging, early mornings, 500% humidity, some kick ass boots, a bit of spanish here and there and in general just wearing myself down and beating myself up. I've lost weight even though i eat as much as i possibly can, such as 10 tacos for dinner tongiht, 3 sandwhiches for lunch, a massive bowl of cereal, a banana and a snickers all for the day. Anyways, here's some pictures. I'm working on getting a quick video up.


The rains start everyday at 3pm sharp, there's a lot of lightening which means we have to stop working (holding 30 foot metal rods in a storm es no bueno). Meaning we have to get up early to put in a full day of work, so i present to you the sunrise shot outside the front door of my house, 6:00am, the mountian in the back is the volcano that i work on the flanks of

On the drive up the mtn we get a view (occasionally) of the 5th largest mountain in North America

I got new boots while down here, Winter Camo - check that shit out, if i were climbing the mountain in the last picture you wouldn't see half my legs

we decided that a picture to start every morning was necessary for good measure. Adan and I are both very sick of work (pinche trabajo) and this is what gets us excited after the hour and a half of boring 4x4 driving which is then followed by the hour hike into the site. Los dos amigo son muy fuertes

Can't really complaine all that much when this is my office though

A little west coast love for all my west coast homies out there. KB for life!

Wait for it, waaaaait for it....ok there it is, another day of work

We went to the beach and i decided i wanted some sun so i didn't put on sun screen, i was stupid, my new name became "el hombre con boltas blancas y piel de rojo" the man with white boots and red skin


This is my view from the sofa that i'm sitting on as i type this...

Rio Xico - this is a sweet river foro boating from what i hear (obviously not this section)

The gorge below the falls


I grew up in a place with no lizards so they utterly facinate me. They're so damn fast.

Walking into the drill site, this is what i walk through. The corn in the field is used to make tortillas. When we stay at the Casita (cabinita) (see photos below) we eat at Leonedes house where we eat tortillias from last seasons crop - its pretty amazing to see how these people live.

No comments: